Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: In case you missed Palin's home run...

  1. #61
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not being punished, its taxes and everyone has to pay them. If you make more its not going to hurt much if your taxes are a bit higher, plain and simple.

    OK, just as I suspected.
    In some way or another you are recieving government assistance or you recently have and you want B. HUSSEIN to give you more. I don't expect you to admit it but I am right. Easy to see now that I have looked back at some past posts. Not much of a reason to vote for a party but I guess it takes all kinds. </div></div>

    But you have recently. I know it. I can tell by your posts. You're one of the "give me a handout" B. HUSSEIN supporters. You think if he is elected, dang what a thought, that you will get a free education.

    Wrong. I am 18, I cant even get financial aid for college because parents made about 80,000 last year only because my mother went back to school and has worked her ass off. But before that when I was living in trailors for most of my life(not saying its bad to) but wasnt receiving anything then either. I know it will puzzle you, I just don't care if someone with tons of money has to pay a little extra in taxes and other people who are just making it buy arent taxed as much. </div></div>
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #62
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the cost of tuition has risen nearly 7% since in the past year.</div></div>

    Tuition increases every year. I guess because it is just now effecting you that it never happened before. Why not ask some of your agenda pushing professors why they get a pay increase every year, or where the money comes from to pay the ever increasing utilities at the school. I suppose you are going to UVAw or MECC, ask them what pays for all that new construction at these 2.

    I am not saying tuition pays for all this stuff they do get grants and such from the gov't. But they get these grants with the understanding that tuition will help to pay for these things.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the cost of tuition has risen nearly 7% since in the past year.</div></div>

    Tuition increases every year. I guess because it is just now effecting you that it never happened before. Why not ask some of your agenda pushing professors why they get a pay increase every year, or where the money comes from to pay the ever increasing utilities at the school. I suppose you are going to UVAw or MECC, ask them what pays for all that new construction at these 2.

    I am not saying tuition pays for all this stuff they do get grants and such from the gov't. But they get these grants with the understanding that tuition will help to pay for these things. </div></div>

    This is the best post so far on this thread. Economically sound answer pal.

    Same thing can be applied to our government though too--why do state & federal government personnel (on the political level, mind you) keep getting pay raises each year? Because they're the ones with the pens in hand to write their own checks. That's what needs to be changed in Washington and our state governments...but it's gonna take someone w/a lot of balls to do it--and neither presidential candidate can make a dent in that problem.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #64
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never said they should, but some arent born into wealth and dont have the opportunities that others do. Apparently the gov agrees with that since there is such a thing as financial aid for College. </div></div>

    You're the one whining about not receiving any financial aid. I guarantee you I was born dirt poor, but I was taught that one had to work to get anywhere in life. I worked my way through college, as have countless others. And that was being raised by 2 die hard democratic parents! I'd still be democrat if the party hadn't moved left of Stalin. </div></div>

    It seems to be the way of the dems these days to offer free everything to everybody. If you can receive a free ride where is the incentive to work. He says he doesn't want a free education but he has been crying about not recieving financial aid. He could join the military and get an education but I think he lacks the nerve. He could work his way through but thinks he won't have to if B. HUSSEIN is elected. If he is elected I think I will just quit work and hop onto some of that free stuff. Nah, wasn't raised that way.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #65
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    You can do that now...the state will subsidize nearly anyone's education at a community college...and if you maintain a high GPA, they'll subsidize for you to attend nearly any 4 year college in the state.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #66
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: In case you missed Palin's home run...

    I don't ask for or expect assistance. If I need something or want something I will find a way to pay for it. Too many people will not work simply because they know they can get a handout from the liberals. Some need and deserve financial assistance of some kind but MOST who receive it don't. If you want to cut out government waste cut it out. Don't apply double standards.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •